From the fulness of God's grace, we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16



Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Names of Jesus Quilt Top




I have finally started quilting my Names of Jesus Quilt, yes, I am hand-quilting. I don't have have a long arm quilter and I can't afford to send it off to someone, so "it's a hand-quilting we go". As you can see my stitching is being watched carefully by Samson, my infamous "quilting buddy".
I will be following the pieced blocks with quilting, while the alternate blocks will have a shell design quilted in them. The alternate blocks are a white-on-white shell print. I have chosen a medium to dark purple for my backing, which will wrap around to the front and create a border.
I am very anxious to finish this quilt and be able to cover up with a quilt made of blocks representing so many different Names of Jesus. This is also the first quilt that I have done with an on-line group, and there was an awesome Bible study that went along with it :) This quilt will be treasured by me for so many reasons.

No comments: