Drum Roll, Please.................Tadah............My Dear Jane 2009 Secret Pal wall hanging is finished *VBG* My Dear Secret Pal from last year (who isn't a secret anymore) sent me the six blocks complete with sashing, and all I had to do was sew them together and add the border and quilt it! Lots of batiks in it, so I went with a deep purple batik for the border. Look at all those little Friendship stars she made, WOW! Then I machine quilted, and VOILA, it done. I love it! I think this will go in my sewing room. Thank you so very much Susan from Texas :)Monthly UFO finishes: 1 in January, 2 in February :)
5 comments:
Congratulations! It's lovely! :0)
Oh Wow! You did a terrific job, Terry! I love the purple border you chose. I didn't realize how big it was going to be. For some reason, the dimensions in EQ6 just didn't register as being all that big to me. lol It could almost be a baby quilt instead of a wall hanging. I'm so glad you like it, and I am honored that you want to put it in your sewing room.
Susan
PS The Thangles made putting together the Friendship Stars a breeze. Deciding on the colors took much more time. 8)
Another one!! Geez!! Keep this up and you are going to have to buy more fabric!!
The picture doesn't do it justice! It is sooooo pretty. I was the lucky one to see it in person a day or so ago. The purple border is beautiful! I also watched each month when the new block would come in. Matter of fact all the fun Terry and Susan had made me want to participate!
Hi Terry,
Glad you liked the 3 in 1 siggies. I'm still playing with the post, trying to see how small I have to make the first picture for it to show up in other people's blog list. Any ideas?
Susan
Post a Comment