From the fulness of God's grace, we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Siggy From France

Yesterday I received this beautifully embroidered siggy from Ghislaine Veit who is from Saint Cyr sur Mer, France :)    I also received a short letter from her, which is written in French!  Well it has been around 40 years since I took French in high school, but I gave translating it a try....I think I got most of it, not quite all of it.  So here goes:  She thanked me for the siggy. It seems she has 2 daughters and 5 small children (grandchildren, I think).  And has been quilting since her retirement 5 years past.  She hopes that I accept her siggy with pleasure.  (I do accept her siggy with much pleasure)  There are a couple other sentences that I just could not figure out :(  And to think that I thought I would never use those French classes...who would have thought that they would come in handy... in quilting of all places :)

I looked up where she lives and found that it is located on the southeastern coastal region of France.  It is a community based on agriculture and tourism.  In their town square is a replica of the Statue of Liberty!  

No comments: