Last Saturday I was able to kidnap the husband and take one of those short, one day trips to Amish country ( Freedom & Washington Indiana, this only happens once or twice a year)...the trip included 3 of my favorite things:
1. Good Food, The Black Buggy Restaurant ( located in Amish country )...
2. Great Fun, visit to The Freedom Country Store (Amish Owned) and The Stitchin Post Fabric Shop...
3. Awesome Company, time alone with the husband!!!
First stop was the Freedom Country Store, where I picked up some noodles, bread, honey, pumpkin butter, beets, chocolate mint cappuccino mix, and a couple notepads.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next was the Black Buggy Restaurant for a delicious lunch, sorry I forgot to take my camera in, so there's no pictures:( But this is what I had for lunch: meatloaf with brown gravy, small red potatoes with butter and parsley, cooked cabbage, candied whole baby carrots, salad, and a piece of custard pie....so good:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then on to the Stitchin' Post! I have signed up for 3 quilt block swaps for the end of the year...so I needed some fabric:)1. Christmas Novelty Framed Square Block Swap Fabric
2. Christmas Star Swap fabric along with some white on white.
3. Blue & White Disappearing 4-Patch Swap fabric.
Then there was this fabric that everytime I walked by it, it called ever so softly "Terry, you know you want us!" So what's a girl to do...I couldn't just leave it behind :)
I absolutely love lavendars & greens, don't know what I will make with it, but you can be sure that whatever it becomes, it has to be beautiful!!! Lovin that fabric:)
Then I found another "Story Book Quilt" book that I reeaally "needed"... this one looks like a lot of fun. "A Quilter's Diary" it should help me tell my own story:)
I also found these adorable small quilt pattens.
And last but definately not least, a few items that will become gifts at some point for Secret Pals, friends, or family:)
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a blessed day and find time to sew a stitch or two...
Hugs & Blessings,
Terry
A day hemmed in prayer
seldom unravels.
~unknown
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a wonderful day. Those fabrics are beautiful. I love the prints and wish I had the patience to quilt.
Post a Comment