Here is my first Disappearing 4 Patch block.
I had never made this block before...I Love it!
It is so easy to make and I really like the way it looks.
I'm participating in a block swap over at
Friendship Block Swap Group
and this is the block we are using.
All blocks will be blue & white, I'm thinking
this will be a very pretty set of blocks.
I'm making 4 different sets (four different blue fabrics),
and I will make 6 for each set - swap 5, keep 1.
That will give me 24 different blocks when the swap is complete.
Here is how easy the block is to make...
Start with two 5" white blocks & two 5" blue blocks.
Sew into a basic 4 patch block.

Cut 1" out from the center seam line on both sides
and both vertically & horizontally.
Give those long center stripe pieces a 180 degree spin.
Sew the block back together...
Here is my first set of 6.
Three more sets to go!!!
Hopefully I will get them done over the next
week, and then get them off to a much warmer
climate (Florida) for swapping:)
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs & Blessings,
Terry
She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
~Proverbs 31:27





4 comments:
That's such a pretty quilt! I'd love to make one someday! :0)
This was one of the blocks we did in Block Lotto this past year, and I really did enjoy it. Looks good in your blues ~
:-}pokey
Hi Terry,
Thanks for your kind words. Alzheimers is an awful disease that has touched so many families. I'm sorry about your grandmother and step father; my mother-in-law had frontal lobar dementia, which is similar to Alzheimers, only swifter. All the Blanketeers had affected family members too, so it was an easy choice for our bee. All the money from the quilt auctions goes to Alzheimer's research. I would love for them to find a cure before anyone else I know gets it!
Take care,
Susan in Texas
Hi Terry. Love the colors and the pattern. I'm about to start a D9P - I may have to do a D4P next.
Post a Comment